Micro Groups to use. If you're not in a Verve Micro Group, feel free to use them on your own.
This week we were in our Christmas series and talked about All. If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- What was a time when you most desperately needed help? Did you get help? And, if so, from who and how?
- Read Luke 10:25-37
- Jesus agrees with the man that loving God (with everything we are and have) and loving our neighbor (as we love ourselves) is most important and the key to life. Why do you think that is?
- Jesus then tells a story to explain who the "neighbor" is that we're to love. In this story, how do you think the priest and the Levite might have justified not helping the man in need?
- What are some of the ways we justify not helping people in need?
- The Samaritan goes to extremes to care for the man in need. What do you think motivated him?
- When you have taken action to really care for a hurting person, what motivated you? What was the difference in those times versus times when you didn't show compassion?
- The point of Jesus' story is that everyone is my neighbor. We are to love and help anyone in need. All people including, and perhaps especially those who we're least motivated to love. Who are some of the people you struggle to love and serve?
- How could you put Jesus' teaching into practice this week by finding an opportunity to love someone who you normally wouldn't? How could you serve that person (or group of people)?
- Accountability Question: How have you ambushed someone with God's love this week? Who has God put in your life to ambush with his love this week?
- Prayer Question: What could we be praying for you this week? (Is this there something good we could celebrate with you, or a challenge you need God's help with?)