Micro Groups to use. If you're not in a Verve Micro Group, feel free to use them on your own.
This week we were in our series The River: Flowing With God's Will For Your Life series and talked about Steering To Your Destiny. If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- What deductive logic sentence do you wish was true: "Ice cream has no calories. Therefore I eat it all day long." OR "My job doesn't care when I show up. Therefore I sleep in as late as I want." OR "The mall doesn't charge me for clothes. Therefore I get all the new clothes I want."
- Psalm 37:4 says, "Take delight in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart."
- In the past have you understood that God wants to give you the desires of your heart? How does knowing that make you feel?
- What do you think it means to "delight yourself in the Lord"?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, where would you say you are in delighting yourself in the Lord?
- What one thing could you do this week that would have the most impact in helping you to delight in the Lord?
- What one habit could you build into your life that would have the most impact in helping you to delight in the Lord?
- If you truly delighted yourself in the Lord, how do you think it might change the desires of your heart?
- Where do you typically go for wisdom?
- Vince mentioned the Bible and close spiritual companions as good sources of wisdom. How could you better utilize these sources of wisdom in your life?
- Accountability Question: How
have you passionately pursued meaningful time with God?
- Prayer Question: What could we be praying for you this week? (Is this there something good we could celebrate with you, or a challenge you need God's help with?)