Micro Groups to use. If you're not in a Verve Micro Group, feel free to use them on your own.
This week we were in our series The River: Flowing With God's Will For Your Life series and talked about Splashing In The Deep. If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- When in life have you had to learn how to do something by following someone's example?
- Jesus was intentional about following God's will from the beginning. That's probably not the case for us. When did you first start really thinking about following God's will?
- What would it look like for you to full do so now?
- Vince said that God is not interested in coming in to fix some stuff in your life but is, instead, asking you to surrender your entire life to him. Is that the way you've thought of all this in the past?
- What would you say is holding you back from totally surrendering your life to God?
- Jesus said, in John 6:38, "For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me." In this week's sermon, we saw some detours off of God's path that Jesus was tempted with. So ... what could detour you from doing God's will? (Love of power? Money? Sex? Other?)
- What could you do to make sure you don't get detoured from God's path?
- Vince contrasted commitment (a resolve of your will to do better) with surrender (allowing God's sufficiency to become real in me). Why do you think commitment is typically easier than surrender?
- What might surrender look like for you right now? And what do you think might be holding you back from truly surrendering control to God and His will?
- One of the principles Jesus lived by is knowing that what he lost in terms of earth, he would gain in terms of Heaven. How often do you think about eternity? How could you develop more of an eternal perspective?
- Jesus said, in John 6:39, "And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day." How does it feel to know that Jesus stayed on God's path (even through dying on the cross) for you?
- Accountability Question: How have you passionately pursued opportunities to ambush a few people with God’s love?
- Prayer Question: What could we be praying for you this week? (Is this there something good we could celebrate with you, or a challenge you need God's help with?)