Micro Groups to use. If you're not in a Verve Micro Group, feel free to use them on your own.
This week we were in our series Givitudes and talked about The Givitude of Investment. If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- If you won the lottery, what are some of the things you'd do with your millions?
- Read Philippians 4:14-17
- This passage, along with others we looked at (Matthew 19:21, Luke 12:33, Matthew 6:19-20, 1 Timothy 6:17-19) teach that we have an account with God, a heavenly bank account, that we invest in when we give back to God. How does knowing this make you feel?
- Jesus talked about the money and possessions we invest in earth "wearing out." How have you found this to be true in your life?
- In the Bible, God teaches us that we should practice consistent percentage giving. (Giving a set percentage of our income.) Why do you think God wants this? Why is it best?
- What holds you back from consistent percentage giving?
- In the Bible, the minimum percentage given is 10% (a "tithe"). The idea is that we make our first check for 10% of our income to God through our church. What do you think about that?
- God promises to abundantly bless those who tithe their first fruits. What are some different ways God might do this?
- What makes tithing a struggle for you?
- How will you feel when get to Heaven, see a huge balance in your account, and a line of people to thank you for giving and the impact it had on their lives?
- Accountability Question: How have you allowed God to show you where you can generously invest your time, talent, and treasure into His Kingdom?
- Prayer Question: What could we be praying for you this week? (Is this there something good we could celebrate with you, or a challenge you need God's help with?)