SAY WHAT? (What is the passage saying?)
- This chapter is a continuation of God's instructions to Moses about a "sanctuary," or tabernacle, that God wants the Israelites to construct so he can dwell among them.
- God provides specific instructions about materials and measurements that are to be used for frames and curtains and crossbars in the tabernacle.
- In verse 30 we see God tell Moses that he is to set up the tabernacle according to "the plan shown [to him] on the mountain." God had previously revealed a plan to Moses, and in this section he reminds Moses of that plan.
SO WHAT? (What are the underlying principles?)
- Just as God revealed part of a plan to Moses "on the mountain," so God often reveals instructions to people who follow him.
- Like Moses, we usually need to be reminded of things God has previously told us or asked us to do. Life can get in the way of us following through with things God asked us to do, or decisions we know we need to make.
NOW WHAT? (How will you personally apply this passage?)
- If you've ever felt close to God, there's a good chance he has revealed to you part of a plan. Maybe there was a decision you knew he wanted you to make, or changes you planned to implement to help make God more central in your life.
- Because we're human and we easily forget things and life gets in the way, there's also a chance that you may not have followed through with that plan.
- If you know there's something God is wanting you to do, what steps can you take today to follow through with that plan? If you're not sure where to start, ask God to guide you and give you strength to commit to the plan he has for you.