Micro Groups to use. If you're not in a Verve Micro Group, feel free to use them on your own.
This week we were in our I Want a Movie Life series and talked about the movie Warm Bodies. If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- What is your favorite movie about zombies, or monsters, or someone or something creepy or scary?
- Ephesians 2:1 says, "As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins..." The reality is that without God (or before God) we were spiritually dead, but we don't always recognize that. What were some of the ways you actually felt dead, or realized you were dead, without God?
- In the message on Warm Bodies Vince talked about how we can also be "dead" emotionally and relationally, and will someday be dead physically. We often live in denial about our "deadness" (and coming death). But what are some ways you see this in your life or are forced to deal with it?
- Read Ephesians 1:18-20 and 2:4-5
- Ephesians 1:18 starts out with a prayer that the "eyes of our heart may be enlightened." What do you think make it so difficult for us to see God and the love and hope he has for us?
- Verses 19-20 of chapter one tell us that God is using the same power in our lives that he used to raise Jesus from death to life. Have you ever felt God's power at work in your life in a powerful way? If so, what was the situation and what happened?
- In our Verge and Verse courses, we talk about how God's power is similar to the electrical power in an outlet in a house. The power is there, but it doesn't get accessed and start working unless something is plugged into it. If you're not feeling God's power in your life, it's probably because you're not plugging into it. What are some ways you could think of that would allow you into God's power?
- Ephesians 2 says that we are saved by love. Why do you think God's solution to our problems is love? Why is that a good thing?
- Vince talked about the idea that God loves us, but we don't always let God love us. What can make it difficult for you to let God love you?
- What are some practical ways you could let God love you this week? And, if you did that, what different do you think it would make in your life?
- Accountability Question: How have I allowed God to love me just the way I am, and how have I allowed Him to show me where He loves me too much to leave me that way?
- Prayer Question: What could we be praying for you this week? (Is this there something good we could celebrate with you, or a challenge you need God's help with?)