Micro Groups to use. If you're not in a Verve Micro Group, feel free to use them on your own.
This week we were in our The River: Flowing With God's Will For Your Life series and talked about the movie Swimming in the Dark. If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- Describe a time in your life when God felt absent or you questioned his existence.
- Read Genesis 39:2 and 39:20.
- What encouragement do you receive knowing God is present regardless of where you are or what you’re dealing with?
- Quitting is always easier than enduring. Share a time in your life you quit or felt like quitting.
- Read Colossians 3:23.
- Wherever Joseph ended up – whether he was a slave or in prison -- he excelled. In what area of your life are you currently tempted to pull back but instead need to keep performing your duty (i.e. home, work, church)?
- Life is lived forward but understood backward. Describe a time or situation in your life where this was true for you?
- God’s plan is to have His person in His place for His purposes. Where are you currently the right person in the right place at the right time doing God’s will?
- God can take your history and shape your destiny. Knowing your history – the experiences of your life – how would you like to see God use your life?
- Accountability Question: How have you passionately pursued time with God this week?
- Prayer Question: What could we be praying for you this week? (Is this there something good we could celebrate with you, or a challenge you need God's help with?)