Micro Groups to use. If you're not in a Verve Micro Group, feel free to use them on your own.
This week we were in our I Want a Movie Life series and talked about the movie The Impossible. If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- What is a movie that really got to you emotionally? Why did it have that impact on you?
- Read Luke 15:1-6
- In this story the shepherd represents God, and the lost sheep represents you. Looking back at your life, in what ways would you say you do resemble the sheep who wanders away and gets lost?
- Looking back at your life, in what ways can you see that God has been pursuing you?
- Vince talked about the "cone of shame" many of us wear, and how it can keep us from God. In what ways do you struggle with this?
- Shepherd joyfully puts the sheep on his shoulders, and throws a party when he gets it home. That is God's heart towards you! Do you think of God as taking joy in you, and celebrating that he has a relationship with you? Why or why not?
- Jesus' mission was to come in pursuit of us, so we could experience God's love and a relationship with him. And Jesus gave us his mission. For instance, in John 20:21 he said, "As the Father has sent me, I am sending you." Your mission to help people experience God's love and come into a relationship with him. How are you doing at your mission?
- What do you think could help you to be more effective and successful at your mission?
- Who are some people God has put in your life (at work, friends, family, in your neighborhood) who don't know him, and who you could show his love to and invite to Verve?
- Accountability Question: Who have I invited to church this week?
- Prayer Question: What could we be praying for you this week? (Is this there something good we could celebrate with you, or a challenge you need God's help with?)