Micro Groups to use. If you're not in a Verve Micro Group, feel free to use them on your own.
This week our series was Life In 140 in which we're studying through the Bible book called Philippians. This week we focused on the second half of chapter one. If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- If people who know you were surveyed and asked to describe what you're all about in one word, what might they say? Money? Popularity? Football? Partying? Family? Job? What?
- Read Philippians 1:12-30
- Paul (the author) thinks his being in jail was a good thing. How does he seem to decide if an event is good or bad?
- How do you decide if something is good or bad? Is it the right way to decide?
- Look at verse 20. What is Paul's driving goal and hope for his life?
- The word "exalted" in verse 20 means to make bigger. How could Jesus be exalted in your life?
- In verse 21 Paul gives his "life tweet." Honesty time: If you were to fill in the blanks, "For to me, to live is _____ and to die is ______" how would you fill them in? And is that the way your life should stay?
- Verse 27 says we should live our lives in "a manner worthy of the gospel." What do you think it means to live your life in a manner worthy of the gospel? What would that kind of life look like? In what ways would you say you are, and are not, living a life worthy of the gospel?
- Accountability Question: How have I been inviting God into all my
- Prayer Question: What could we be praying for you this week? (Is this there something good we could celebrate with you, or a challenge you need God's help with?)