This weekend at Verve we had our first-ever guest speaker, Joe Boyd. If you missed his message, you can listen to it here.
- When is a time you felt left out? How did that make you feel about yourself? How did that make you feel toward the individual(s) that left you out?
- Read Matthew 11:19.
- Jesus was so intentional about making room in his life for “sinners” that he was known as a friend of them. How could you live your life in a way that is more focused on leading people who are far from God closer to him? Could you find ways to serve them, or deepen your relationship with them, or invite them to church?
- Joe said that, even though he has been a pastor, he still has days when he doubts God. What doubts about God do you wrestle with (his existence, what he does or doesn’t do, etc.)? Have you been dealing with those doubts? If not, what’s a healthy way you could start to address them?
- Have you ever thought about God as a father who wants to make room for you in his life? If not, how does that change the way you think about God? How could it change the way you live?
- Accountability Question: How have you passionately pursued opportunities to ambush a few people with God's love?
- Prayer Question: What could we be praying for you this week? (Is this there something good we could celebrate with you, or a challenge you need God's help with?)