Micro Groups to use. If you're not in a Verve Micro Group, feel free to use them on your own.
This week our series was The Crapper in which we're studying through the Bible book called Habakkuk. This week we focused on chapter one.
If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- When is a time when your life went into "the crapper"? What happened? How did you respond?
- Read Habakkuk, chapter one.
- Habakkuk openly expresses his questions and frustrations with God. Do you feel like you're "allowed" to be mad at God and express it to Him? Why or why not?
- Vince talked about how often when we first come to faith, everything seems to go great and we can feel God's presence in a real and powerful way. Did you experience anything like that? If so, what was it like?
- We also learned that typically, often not long after, things start going wrong and we struggle with doubts about God. Have you experienced anything like that? And, if so, what was that like?
- We looked at two options people often take when things go wrong - to pretend like everything is ok, or to turn away from God because we've lost our trust in Him. Which of these do you find yourself tempted to do when things are bad?
- Vince said that when we go through those difficult times, the best thing to do is "habakkuk." The name Habakkuk means "to wrestle" or "to embrace." When we go through tough times we need to be honest with God and wrestle with Him about, and at the same time stay close to and embrace Him. What do you think makes that difficult?
- How could you better "habakkuk" the next time you find yourself in the crapper?
- Accountability Question: How have you allowed God and a few friends to see and deal with my hurts and hang-ups this week? Am you taking ownership of your hurts and hang-ups?
- Prayer Question: What could we be praying for you this week? (Is this there something good we could celebrate with you, or a challenge you need God's help with?)