Micro Groups to use. If you're not in a Verve Micro Group, feel free to use them on your own.
This week our series was Bigger: From Selfie to Selfless and our message was "Just Jump In." If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- Can you remember a time you took a big jump? What was it? What did it feel like? Were you glad you did it?
- Jesus challenges us to stop living for ourselves and to instead live for others. Vince said that many will unintentionally wander into that life. It requires us to make a decision and jump in. Have you made that decision? If so, when was it? If not, what do you think is holding you back?
- Read Romans 12:1-8.
- The opening verses say that to experience God's "good, pleasing and perfect will" we need to "offer our bodies as a living sacrifice" and to be "transformed by the renewing of our minds." We need to think different. And the way we need to think is that our lives are to be sacrificed in serving God and others. What can make it difficult to live this out?
- We learn in this passage that the people who make up a church are like the different parts of a physical body. We all belong together, we all belong to each other, and we all need each other. How does it make you feel to learn that there are to be no "lone ranger" Christians and that we're to work together for God's purposes?
- We're told that God gives each of us gifts. These are abilities that we are to use to serve people, through the Church, for God's purposes. Everyone has gifts. So what are some of yours'? What would you say are some of the strengths you have? Teaching? Showing compassion? Giving? Administration? Caring for hurting people? Hospitality? Giving encouragement? Other?
- Ask some other people (perhaps right now in your micro group, if you're in one right now) to tell you what gifts they see in you.
- What are some of the skills you've developed in life? Cooking? Musical? Photography? Fixing cars? Sewing? Working on computers? Other?
- How might your gifts and your skills be used in the context of the church for God's purposes?
- Where are you currently volunteering in the church? Do you feel like it's the right fit for you? And do you feel like it requires enough of you? Perhaps it's pretty easy, and you realize you could do more? If you were to try another volunteering role in the church, what might it be?
- Accountability Question: How have I allowed God to show me where I can generously invest my time, talent, and treasure into His Kingdom?
- Prayer Question: What could we be praying for you this week? (Is this there something good we could celebrate with you, or a challenge you need God's help with?)