Micro Groups to use. If you're not in a Verve Micro Group, feel free to use them on your own.
This week our series was Bigger: From Selfie to Selfless and our message was "The Great Gamble." If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- Vince suggested that every day we're making a wager with our lives - we're placing our bet on what will give us fulfillment and joy by how we choose to live our lives. Have you ever thought of it that way? Why or why not?
- Honesty time: What are you betting on? What do you think is going to give your life fulfillment and joy and meaning? If someone investigated your life - how you spend your time, your money, what you think about and desire the most - what would they think you're betting on?
- Read John 13:1-17
- What does it tell you about Jesus that He took on the lowest job of all, a responsibility reserved for the lowest servant?
- Verse 1 says Jesus washed their feet to show them the full extent of His love. In what ways do you think washing their feet showed them the full extent of His love?
- Jesus says that we should follow His example. We don't need to literally wash feet, since that's not a need people have anymore. But what are some practical ways we can serve people and meet real needs they have? At your house? At your work? At your school? At church? At the store? Driving?
- Jesus says (verse 17) that you will be blessed if you live the life of a servant. To be blessed means to live the joyful, fulfilled, meaningful life only God can give us. The path to the life you want is not through serving yourself, but through serving others. Why do you think that idea is so counter-cultural today?
- In a world that tells us to look out for number one, and whoever dies with the most toys wins, how can we consistently choose to look out for others, serve them, and live generous lives?
- Accountability Question: How have I passionately pursued opportunities to ambush a few people with God's love?
- Prayer Question: What could we be praying for you this week? (Is this there something good we could celebrate with you, or a challenge you need God's help with?)