Micro Groups to use. If you're not in a Verve Micro Group, feel free to use them on your own.
This week our series was Letters: Our Relationships In Words and our message was "Dear John." If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- Have you ever received a memorable letter? What was it? What about it made it special to you?
- Vince talked about writing a letter of definition - setting boundaries for a relationship. -- If you're single, what are some boundaries you should put on your relationship to help make sure it is pleasing to God and healthy for you? -- If you're married, what are some boundaries you can put on your relationship to help make sure it is pleasing to God and healthy for you and your spouse? (i.e. Having a date night every week? Having couch time to talk every day? Not talking about marriage problems with a member of the opposite sex? Never allowing the word "divorce" to even be mentioned?)
- Read Song of Solomon 4:1-2
- The Song of Solomon is an example of a letter of affirmation. -- If you're single, consider spending some time writing down what you're looking for in a potential spouse. What things are critical for you that you'd be able to affirm in your spouse someday? -- If you're married, take some time to write a letter of affirmation to your spouse.
- Read Ephesians 5:3
- What do you think are some of the reasons sexual purity is so important to God? How might sexual sin hurt someone in a dating relationship? How might sexual sin hurt a married couple's relationship?
- Thinking of this issue of sexual purity and how it impacts our relationships, is there anything you need to confess? Change? Get support on?
- Accountability Question: How have I been inviting God into all my decisions?
- Prayer Question: What could we be praying for you this week? (Is this there something good we could celebrate with you, or a challenge you need God's help with?)