SAY WHAT? (What is the passage saying?)
- This chapter (some of which you may have heard read at weddings) describes real love, the kind of love God is and offers to us.
SO WHAT? (What are the underlying principles?)
- We learn that love is ultimate, and without love we are nothing and gain nothing.
- This love comes from God and is what we're looking for in life. It's also the kind of love we're supposed to offer to others. (See 1 John 4:7-12)
NOW WHAT? (How will you personally apply this passage?)
- Read verses 4 - 7 but each time the word "love" or "it" appears, replace it with your name. Does it sound right? Does it describe you? Are you patient and kind? Do you not envy or boast? The goal is too be so close to God that His love flows into us and increasingly shapes us so this chapters description more and more is describing who we are.
- What could you do today to allow God's love to flow into you?