This week our series was Verdict and our message was "The Credibility of Christ's Claims". If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- What was your best moment of the past week?
- Read John 8:48-59 and John 10:22-42
- Why do you think the Jews who were against Jesus would make the claim that He was demon-possessed (8:48)?
- “I am” (8:58) was a name for God in the Old Testament (see Exodus 3:14) and people back then were not allowed to use those words as it was considered the equivalent of claiming to be God. In John 10:30, Jesus takes this even one step further when He says, “I and the Father are one.” Considering these words of Jesus, and the reaction they elicited from the Jews at the time, how would you respond to people today who say, “Jesus never really claimed to be God”?
- In what way do Jesus’ miracles speak for Him (10:25, 38)?
- Isn’t it interesting that the words of Jesus drove some to reject and try to kill him (8:31, 33, 39) and others to believe in Him (8:42). Why do you think Jesus had (and still has) such a way of polarizing people’s opinions?
- Where do you land in your reaction to Jesus’ words? If you do not yet believe, are you content with that? If not, what can you do come to a place of faith? If you do believe, what should your faith lead you to do? How active are you in sharing that faith? What is God saying to you today?
- Accountability Question: How have you passionately pursued opportunities to ambush a few people with God's love this week??
- Prayer Question: What could we be praying for you this week? (Is this there something good we could celebrate with you, or a challenge you need God's help with?)