SAY WHAT? (What is the passage saying?)
- In this chapter we see Abraham again struggling to trust God to protect him. This leads him to tell people that his wife was his sister.
- God does take care of Abraham, by telling Abimelech to return Sarah to Abraham.
- In fact, God did way more than just protect Abraham as the king gives him a ton of animals and money.
SO WHAT? (What are the underlying principles?)
- Often we struggle to trust God. It's encouraging to see that even we don't believe in God, God continues to believe in us. God cares for us and takes care of us, even when we assume he won't.
NOW WHAT? (How will you personally apply this passage?)
- Where are you having difficulty trusting God? Is there an area of your life where you've kind of grabbed the steering wheel from God and are trying to do your own thing in your own way? If so, the Bible would tell us to repent, which means to change direction. You can trust God. Talk to him about your fears, and give control to him.