SAY WHAT? (What is the passage saying?)
- Noah took a pair of every animal, but seven of the "clean" animals. The "clean" animals were for Noah and his family to eat and to use to worship God. God gave the Jewish people certain rules to follow back then (some of which included dietary restrictions) to keep them safe.
- In verse 16 we're told that it was God who shut Noah and his family in the ark along with all the animals.
SO WHAT? (What are the underlying principles?)
- God asked Noah to do something that everyone thought insane. Not everything God asks people to do seems rational to us but, like Noah, we need to obey regardless.
- God took a personal interest and an active role in sending the animals to the ark and in securing Noah and his family inside. When God asks someone to do something, he helps that person carry out the plan.
NOW WHAT? (How will you personally apply this passage?)
- Is there something God is asking you to do that seems crazy or intimidating? Perhaps confusion or fear has kept you from obeying. What is it? Commit today to doing whatever it is God wants you to do, knowing that God will help you. Tell a trusted friend what it is and ask them to hold you accountable to carrying out your task.