listen to it here.
- What is a seemingly insignificant thing that means a lot to you or you take great pleasure in?
- Read Luke 2:1-7
- Thinking about the Christmas story - God chose to have His Son born in a small insignificant town, to very ordinary completely inexperienced probably quite young parents. And He came to earth as a helpless infant. What does this say to you about God? Why do you think God makes these kinds of choices?
- In the message this week, we learned that God often works subtly in our lives, not in big undeniable ways, but in the shadows, in the circumstances and details. Can you think of a time you've seen God work like this in your life?
- As with Mary and Joseph, throughout history God generally chooses very ordinary people to do the extraordinary. Why do you think God typically chooses ordinary people instead of extremely talented impressive people?
- How does it make you feel that God usually chooses and uses ordinary people? Why?
- In the message, Vince said that though we're impressed when people do big daring things for God, very often God asks us to do small quiet things for Him, but He gives them great impact. What small quiet thing do you think God is calling you to do?
- Accountability Question: How have you been inviting God into your decisions? Is there a part of your life (or a decision in your life) that you're ignoring God and leaving Him out?
- Prayer Question: What could we be praying for you this week? (Is this there something good we could celebrate with you, or a challenge you need God's help with?)