This week we talked about how natural it is to fall asleep. Growing spiritually is just as natural, but that doesn’t always mean it is easy. If you missed the message, you can listen HERE. To spend some more time thinking through and applying the message, we provide the following questions:
- Have you ever had trouble falling asleep? What do you think kept you from sleeping?
- Do you have a routine you follow as you go to bed? What sorts of rituals do you follow? How many pillows do you use?
- Jake talks about three habits we can develop to help us grow. What are they?
- Read today's Verve Catalysts post. How can you use the Say What? So What? Now What? to understand what the writer is saying?
- Take some time now to pray. Use the acrostic P.R.A.Y. to help (Praise, Request, Acknowledge, Yield).
- Are you in a habit of going to church every week? What keeps you from doing that?
- There are other spiritual habits that can help us grow (journaling, fasting, serving, etc). What are some habits you have experience with? How did you feel when you developed those habits?
- What keeps us from pursuing these habits?
- One of the great things about God is that He meets us right where we are at. It doesn’t matter when the last time you read your Bible is, NOW is a great time to read. NOW is a great time to pray. NOW is a great time to be in the habit of going to church every week. You can develop these habits, but you need a plan. When are you going to read the Bible? When are you going to spend time talking to God? If you don’t make a plan,