- Jacob informs Rachel and Leah that God had told him to take his family and leave Laban (Rachel’s father).
- Jacob had been a very good worker for Laban even though Laban had cheated him by changing his wages 10 times.
- Laban chased down Jacob and his family when he heard about them leaving. Laban accused Jacob of stealing from him but Jacob checked him in front of everyone. Jacob told Laban he abused their relationship and Jacob’s love for his wife and cheated him.
- In the end Laban and Jacob made an agreement to go their separate ways.
Notice how Jacob was a faithful worker even though he was being cheated. Jacob understood working hard and that he did his best to honor God, not men. God honored Jacob’s faithfulness to him and protected Jacob from his father-in-law. How would you have acted if you were in Jacob’s position? Do you act honorably even if those around you or over you don’t? Remember that as followers of Jesus we live our lives to honor him first. God promises to take care of his children.
- Written for Verve by Tommy Altman