We provide questions each week based on the theme of our service for our Verve Groups to use. If you're not in a Verve Group, feel free to use them on your own.This week we continued the series called The Deep Down Dark and talked about "Four Degrees of Desperation". If you missed it, you can listen to it here.
- What was the first record, tape or CD that you ever owned?
- When have you been in a moment of desperation?
- Why do you think desperation usually makes people turn to God?
- When you see someone in your life in a state of desperation, do you speak into their life? Why or why not?
- Do you think it's a sign of weakness to ask for help? Why or why not?
- Read 2 Kings 5:10-12 in the Old Testament of the Bible. Have you ever reacted poorly when things didn't go the way you thought they should? How did your reaction effect the situation?
- Which degree of desperation (helpless, openness, willingness, readiness) is the hardest for you? Why?
- Weekly Check In Question: What could we be praying for you this week? (Is there something good we could celebrate with you, or a challenge you need God's help with?)